1. Chasing Amy: This film is still my all-time favorite movie. This flick started my love for movies. The reason I love Chasing Amy is because it is so real. Ok, a comic book writer converting a hot lesbian may not be "realistic", but there are some real emotions involved. Also, I love the fact that the movie ends on somewhat of a down note. To quote Mr. Smith himself, "It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings."
2. Jersey Girl: I don't understand why Jersey Girl was crucified by critics and moviegoers. I thought this movie was really good. I enjoyed Kevin showing his more grown-up and sensitive side. Also, I was happy to see Kevin move away from the View Askewniverse. Too bad it didn't last.
3. Zack and Miri Make a Porno: It wasn't easy putting Zack & Miri ahead of Dogma, but at the end of the day Z&M had a few more laugh-out-loud moments. Plus, I think Kevin is at his best when he's looking at relationships, and Elizabeth Banks really shines as Miri.
4. Dogma: I was surprised to see Kevin pull of a fantasy-type movie with some action and special effects after a string of indie flicks. I feel he pulled it off. The writing is genius, the story was creative, and acting was pretty good (except for Linda Fiorentino). I feel that Ben Affleck give his best performance as Bartleby.
5. Clerks II: I was unsure about this movie because I didn't think a Clerks sequel was needed. I was also upset that Kevin reverted back to his old ways after trying to move forward. He was able to make it work though.
6. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: I think of JSBSB as a guilty pleasure. It's no more than Kevin's homage to himself with a silly heist caper added in for more of a mainstream feel, but there are some laugh-out-loud moments with some cutting Hollywood satire. I'm also amazed how well Jason Mewes did carrying this flick.
7. Clerks: The movie that started it all. I appreciate what Clerks accomplished and how it helped change Hollywood. I didn't think it was all that great because of the lack of a strong storyline. I feel it's just a movie filled with dick and fart jokes with a little bit of pop-culture thrown in there. It's an ok movie, but not his best.
8. Mallrats: I will never understand why people love Mallrats. I just don't think it's very funny.